The squonk mod continues to rise in popularity, and if you’re a regular vaper, you might be wondering what exactly it is and whether it is something you should try. Squonk mods are aimed at any style of vaper, and while there are products available to cater to everyone’s needs, squonk mods are more specifically for those vapers who are looking for an all-in-one solution.
Showing 1–12 of 13 results
What Is A Squonk Mod?
A squonk mod is known for its ability to supply e-liquid on the go, all while providing a hit that’s much like what you get from rebuildable coils. This type of box mod houses a single battery and an internal bottle of e-liquid, called the squonk bottle.
The squonk bottle is made of food-grade silicone and typically holds 6 to 12mL of e-liquid. It is connected to the bottom-feeding RDA’s cotton through a short tube. Squeezing the squonk bottle brings the e-liquid up the short tube inside the mod and through the bottom of the RDA in order to saturate the wick. What’s pretty cool here is that any excess liquid will be sucked back into the squonk bottle, which helps avoid flooding the RDA deck.
Since this box mod houses a squonk bottle, you won’t have to carry bottles of liquid with you. It also drips less compared to other box mods and provides fresher flavor.
How Do Squonk Mods Work?
Squonk mods work in a pretty straightforward way. It has five main components: the battery, the drip tip, the squonk bottle or the e-liquid container, the squonk atomizer or the bottom-feeding RDA, and the feeding tube.
- Battery: Squonk mods usually houses only a single 18650, 20700, or 21700 battery that occupies almost half of the box mod.
- Drip tip: The drip tip is mainly responsible for a comfortable vaping experience – giving you a nicely shaped tip where you can draw vapor from with your mouth.
- Squonk bottle/e-liquid container: The squonk bottle contains the e-liquid and is attached to the feeding tube that runs up into the RDA. Gently squeezing the squonk bottle makes the e-liquid rise into the RDA, and when you stop squeezing to let it get back to its original shape, the extra e-liquid left in the RDA will be sucked back into the bottle.
- Feeding tube: The feeding tube is where the e-liquid goes through when the squonk bottle is squeezed. It basically connects the squonk bottle to the squonk atomizer or the bottom-feeding RDA.
- Squonk atomizer/bottom-feeding RDA: Squonk atomizers or bottom-feeding RDAs house the wick. This is where the e-liquid is drawn into when it passes through the feeding tube and up to the RDA. The process ends here – you can now start vaping by hitting the power button on your squonk mod and taking a puff.
Choosing A Squonk Mod: Things To Consider
When on the market for a squonk mod, you should be aware of the two types of squonk mods: regulated and unregulated.
- Regulated: Regulated squonk mod comes fully featured with variable wattage and variable voltage chipsets – letting the user pick the exact wattage they wish to vape with as well as adjust the temperature settings to their liking. Aside from giving the user the ability to tweak the wattage, voltage, or temperature settings, the fact that they are easier to use makes them the perfect squonk mod for first-time squonkers. Regulated squonk mods are safer than unregulated ones as they come with several safety features that unregulated ones may lack. However, one disadvantage of regulated squonk mods is that they sometimes lack the power that their unregulated counterpart offers.
- Unregulated: Unregulated squonk mods, also known as mech mods, lack a chip to regulate its current. They should be used with extra care and only if you’re highly knowledgeable about vaping. This is because of the really high amount of power that goes through the mod. With unregulated squonk mods, it’s just you, a battery, and an atomizer. Switching the battery on unleashes 100% of its raw power into the RDA. If you are confident with your familiarity with battery safety and Ohm’s law and if your coils are installed correctly, a potent vaping experience is what you’ll get. Otherwise, you’re just going to be getting yourself in danger.